Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Baby Smith 12-Week Ultrasound

We had our nuchal lucency screen done on Baby Smith yesterday--he/she was not very cooperative during the ultrasound session. I was not aware that the test required 3 very precise, and difficult to obtain, measurements of the baby. It took over an hour for the ultrasound tech to finally get everything measured because the baby kept falling asleep in the "wrong" position. I actually started feeling somewhat guilty because my child wasn't being cooperative--isn't it funny, and sad, how maternal guilt kicks in so quickly? It's especially ridiculous considering I had absolutely no control over my fetus's behavior. Oh well, such is a mother's life...By the way, I posted this picture because I am just fascinated by how the baby's brain is already forming into left and right hemispheres, etc. Kind of creepy looking, but I still think it's amazing!

No comments: